Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Are you Motivated?

Motivation!  It’s what we all need to do something right?  It’s what drives us!  It’s the energy we need to make changes and get work done!

Motivation is defined as “the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving a particular way” OR “the general desire or williness for someone to do something”

I hear people all the time tell me they wish they were as “motivated” as me to make the changes I’ve made.  When I hear that I wonder where their true intentions are because if you truly have the desire to make those changes…by definition you already have motivation.  The willingness is where most people get hung up I think. 

You don’t have to “feel” like you want to do something to do it, and do it well. 

Do you ever really “feel” like cleaning the toilet?  But I bet you still do it, and I bet it’s done well...right?

Whether we know it or not, we all already have the motivation within us to make the changes in our lives we long to make.  Maybe the truly hardest part is that we sometimes have to get uncomfortable to make those changes, and no one wants to be uncomfortable, myself included.  

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” ~James N. Watkins

You see, if you want change in your life, it might hurt.  It might make you uncomfortable.  You might get angry, you might cry, you might get excited…but regardless of how you feel if you are persistent with your actions that lead you towards your goals…you will achieve them.  Period.  And eventually…those changes that were uncomfortable will become normal, and you'll feel comfortable again. 

After that…the question is, “What is your next goal?”

It’s a process.  Up and down, up and down…enjoy the ride!  Hold onto what builds you up, let go of what is tearing you down, and TRUST THE PROCESS!

XO,

Shelon

#motivation #trust #process #girlmom #gemsfromgod #fitness #workout #cleaneating #uncomfortable #goals


   

1 comment:

  1. Trusting the process is a scary thing when it's something completely new or foreign. For me - it's seeing the positive impact that the process has had on others and then their example helps to motivate me =D

    ReplyDelete

I AM Aligned

I AM Aligned My thoughts, words, and actions reflect my truth. Once upon a time, a long time ago I actually got into playing go...