Friday, April 24, 2020

I AM Intentional

I AM
Intentional

I move forward calmly and with purpose.


Being intentional is one of the words that I used to form my resolution this year.  I wanted to be intentional about moving my body everyday and about what I eat everyday.  Intentional simply means done on purpose, deliberate.  

Do you ever think about why you do things?  Why do you overeat?  Why do you not workout? or...why do you workout?  Why do you eat a plant based diet?  Why?  This all feeds back to our motivations or motives for our actions.  Everything is connected, there is no isolation of our actions and thoughts.  We act based on our thoughts.  I have to be intentional about what I think and what I do if I am to reach my goal of living a healthy and fit life.    

Another part of being intentional for me is who I surround myself with.  Who do I listen to or watch as an example for me.  Who do I turn to when I need help.  Being intentional about those things will either build you up or tear you down.  Be careful who you keep company with.  

For me the biggest struggle in this journey is not the physical one, but the mental one. Moving my body everyday is the easy part.  Changing the mental strongholds I have in my mind so I can move forward with purpose...that's the hard part and it takes far more strength than I ever thought it would.  

Do I have it all together?  Absolutely not.  One day I can write something like this and live it! The next day I'm flat on my back watching YouTube videos snacking on potato chips.  But I'm intentional about trying again the next day and not giving up because I had bad day or one bad instance.  Heck...not even if I have a week of bad days, I'm going to be intentional about trying again.  The analogy of the flat tire is one of my favorites.  When you get a flat tire on your car, do you slash the other 3 so it can't drive at all?  Of course not!  You change the flat tire and get back on the road towards your goal.  Same goes for when we miss a workout or overeat at a meal.  Don't just give up because of those bad moments or aka flat tires.  Change them and get back on the road!   


XO,
Shelon





#workout #fitmom #girlmom #wife #sister #daughter #fitness #encouragement #faith #jesus #cancersurvivor #barreblend #beachbody #shakeology #fitkids #healthy #fitlife #affirmations #love #strength #wisdom #laugh #learning #process #smallsteps #progressnotperfection

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM Aligned

I AM Aligned My thoughts, words, and actions reflect my truth. Once upon a time, a long time ago I actually got into playing go...